The SR Series is an obsolete product, no longer for sale. Need a comparable replacement, try our GSX Series Actuators.
In 2007 Exlar introduced the GSX Series Actuators as the successor to the SR Series. The difference between the GSX and the SR Series of actuators is shown below. For the details associated with these differences see the links at the bottom of this page or go to GSX overview.
Excellent Ball Screw Replacement
The SR Series of linear actuators from Exlar provides a cost effective solution, perfect for replacing ball screw actuators. This compact design incorporates Exlar’s patented roller screw technology with an integral brushless servo motor for medium to high performance motion control applications. The SR Series offers a completely integrated actuator, competitively priced with low performance, short-lived ball screw actuators. The SR design provides a smaller package with higher speed and load capacity than ball screws and other traditional rotary to linear conversions. SR Series also offers 5 times the travel life of similarly sized ball screw actuators. Selection of the proper feedback configuration allows SR Series actuators to be powered by nearly every brand of brushless motor amplifier on the market. This flexibility allows SR Series actuators to be incorporated into the highest performance single and multi-axis motion control systems in use today. In applications varying from food and beverage packaging, to multi-axis turning centers to air-craft assembly, the SR Series of actuators show incredible performance and durability.
- 2.25, 3.3 and 3.9 inch frame sizes
- 3, 5.9, 10 and 12 inch strokes
- 0.1, 0.2, 0.4, 0.5 and .75 inch lead roller screws
- 7 to 75 lbf-in torque motor availability
- Up to 33 inch per second linear speeds
- 92 to 1983 lbf thrust capacity depending on motor selection
- IP54 or IP65 sealing
- Front flange, rear clevis, trunnion, side, double side or extended tie rods mounting options
- Encoder feedback with MS style connectors
- Molded and shielded cables available
- Black anodized and epoxy-coated aluminum housing
- Competitive with low cost ball screw actuators
- 5 times the life of a similar sized ball screw actuator
- UL Class H insulation system compliant