Explosion Proof Rotary Motor and Gearmotor
In hazardous duty environments where exposure to flammable gasses or vapors may be ever present, ER Series explosion proof motors and gear motors stand up to the challenge. Innovative design and advanced technology work together to deliver high efficiency, power, and durability, while minimizing size and space requirements. As a result, ER motors achieve extremely high torque-to-size ratio, and they are built to last.
Class I, Division 1, Groups B, C and D
ER Series motors are rated for Class I, Division 1, Groups B, C, and D. These rugged motors are designed to operate safely in hazardous environments where flammable gases, vapors and dust are present in quantities sufficient to produce explosive or ignitable mixtures. ER motors can be used anywhere these hazardous concentrations exist continuously, intermittently, or periodically, under normal operating conditions. Additionally they are classified for the following groups:
- Group B allows use in atmospheres containing hydrogen, gases (or vapors), such as manufactured gas.
- Group C allows use atmospheres containing ethyl-ether vapors, ethylene or cyclopropane.
- Group D allows use in atmospheres containing gasoline, hexane, naphtha, benzene, butane, alcohol, acetone, benzoyl, lacquer solvent vapors, or natural gas.
Note: ER Series motors are not rated for operation in atmospheres containing acetylene.
Maximum Motor Performance
The T-LAM™ stator design used in ER motors increases power without increasing size. Each segment contains individual phase wiring to produce maximum motor performance. Additionally robust insulation, high coercive strength magnets and complete thermal potting are seamlessly integrated for improved efficiency, power, and durability. In fact the innovative design produces greater torque from the same size package. All ER motors feature Class 180H insulation systems and UL recognition.
- Thermally robust motor design yields 35 to 70% more torque
- Class H insulation systems are UL recognized
- Compact gearmotors feature brushless, permanent magnets
- Several mounting options are available
- Compatible with nearly any resolver based servo amplifier
- Convenient conduit entry ports and internal terminal strips
- Sealed, anodized aluminum housing offers rugged durability and long life
- Multiple gear reduction ratios to exactly meet your application requirements
|Frame Size:||4.5 in (115 mm), 4.72 in (120 mm)|
|Gear Ratios:||4:1, 5:1 10:1, 16:1, 20:1, 25:1, 40:1, 50:1, 100:1|
|Continuous Torque:||up to 4696 lbf-in (530 Nm)|
|Speeds:||up to 3000 rpm|
|Standards/Ratings:||Class I, Division 1, Groups B, C, and D; UL IP65S standard; Class 180 H insulation; ER120 has EU ATEX Directive 94/9/EC certification|