GILBERT, AZ. – February 15, 2018 – Curtiss-Wright’s Sensors & Controls Division today announced the release of the highly anticipated Exlar® GTX080 next-generation integrated motor/actuator. The GTX080’s latest design offers substantial performance improvements over its predecessor. Incorporating Curtiss-Wright’s patented inverted roller screw technology, the GTX080’s high power density and compact form factor make it an ideal replacement for hydraulic cylinders.
The GTX Series actuators offer the power, precision, and programmability of a servo system while minimizing the maintenance headaches and mess of hydraulics. With continuous force ratings up to 5680 N (1277 lbf), speeds up to 4200 rpm, and stroke lengths from 100 mm (4 inches) to 450 mm (18 inches), the GTX080 can be applied across a wide range of factory automation applications.
The GTX Series features include:
- High capacity planetary roller screws offering up to 15X the life and significantly higher shock load resistance than a comparably sized ball screw
- IP65S (min.) environmental protection
- Seamless integration into most leading motion control architectures
- Removable front seal bushing greatly simplifies maintenance and re-greasing of nut assembly to maximize actuator life
- Modular design with bolt-on mounting hardware allows mounting style reconfiguration or replacement in the field using commonly available tools
- Smoother, quieter operation compared to previous generation designs
For more information on Curtiss-Wright Sensors & Controls, please visit http://www.cw-sensorsandcontrols.com or https://exlar.com/.
About Curtiss-Wright Corporation
Curtiss-Wright Corporation (NYSE:CW) is a global innovative company that delivers highly engineered, critical function products and services to the commercial, industrial, defense and energy markets. Building on the heritage of Glenn Curtiss and the Wright brothers, Curtiss-Wright has a long tradition of providing reliable solutions through trusted customer relationships. The company employs approximately 8,600 people worldwide. For more information, visit www.curtisswright.com.