Gilbert, AZ. – September 5, 2016 – Curtiss-Wright Corporation (NYSE: CW) today announced the release of its Exlar® FTX Series high force electric rod style linear actuator product line with the release of the FTX215 model.
The FTX Series actuators leverage more than a decade of experience successfully replacing hydraulics in high force, high duty cycle applications in harsh environments. Based on planetary roller screw technology, the FTX Series offers high robustness in a compact form factor, making them an ideal alternative to hydraulic cylinders. With continuous force rating to 178 kN (40,000 lbf), speed to 875 mm/sec (34 in/sec) and stroke lengths from 150mm (6 inches) to 900mm (3 feet) the FTX Series can be applied across a wide range of linear motion applications.
The FTX215, a next generation version of the current FT80 model, features the following key enhancements over the existing FT Series designs:
- High capacity planetary roller screw offers up to 15X the life and significantly higher shock load resistance than a comparably sized ball screw
- IP65 (min.) environmental protection
- Idler pulley design greatly simplifies motor installation and belt tensioning / maintenance
- Grease zerk fitting and removable front seal bushing greatly simplify maintenance and re-greasing of nut assembly to maximize actuator life
- Modular design with bolt-on mounting hardware allows mounting style reconfiguration in the field using commonly available tools
For more information on Curtiss-Wright Sensors & Controls, please visit http://www.cw-sensorsandcontrols.com.